Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I think Lily Collins has the perfect face for any type of look but this year has been really astonishing in the Golden Globes red carpet: everything was great, her makeup, her dress and her hair matched with perfection, looking like a real modern princess.
Last Sunday she wore a Lâncome total look in rosy matte eyeshadows and matte red lips created by her makeup artist Fiona Stiles. What surprised me was that Stiles created the eyeshadow tone using pale blushed color lip liner as a base and a petal blush to intesify the color! For the perfect matte lipstick shade that would match Lily’s dress she chose Lâncome l’Absolu Rouge in Souvenir, after trying several shades together with the artist.
I was so in love with this look that inspired me to create a similar look but with a daily twist. Instead I decided to use more neutral colors such as brownish pink tones. Here you have the result:
Obviously it is quite different as I don’t attend to red carpet events, maybe I go to the movies once per week! To me would be strange to wear very dramatic makeup on a Sunday afternoon so I prefer this natural approach for my look. For the eyeshadow I’ve mixed and blended Strawberry and Caramel tone with a little bit of Cherry from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. For my cheeks I decided to use Sleek blush in Flushed (a shade that I totally love), and for the lips I picked Kat von D Everlasting lipstick in Double Dare, a brownish pink tone perfect for a day makeup. These days I’ve been having problems with some spots so I chose Fit me matte foundation in Buff Beige by Maybelline applied with my beige Beuty blender. I concealed my under eyes with Nars Radiant Concealer in Vanilla and Laura Mercier Loose Setting powder. For the final touch, as usual, I’ve used my Better than Sex Too Faced mascara. Hope you like it!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
New year is coming! I’ve been thinking about a look which matches my personality, that’s why I’ve decided to create a smokey-eyes/nude lips makeup. New year is a special night, a night to forget some things of your past and start with new aims in life. This year has been quite difficult in some personal aspects, that is why I want to approach this 2017 with a reinvention of the classical smokey eyes, put on my best dress and dance all night!
I’ve given a twist to the shades of Indigo Blue: defined as a very special grey stone with blue tones as a result of a combination of white fragments distributed through the stone in an unequal way.
I think this color is great to accentuate brown eyes and create a really cool look for brunettes. The products I used are:
- Lancome Genifique serum and Visionnaire moisturizer.
- Born this way Too faced foundation in Vanilla.
- Nars radiant creamy concealer in Vanilla.
- Too faced Insurance eye primer: for eyelid and pre-concealer.
- Essence trio palette ‘Secrets of the past’.
- Nabla indigo blue eyeshadow ‘Baltic’.
- Laura Mercier loose setting powder.
- Chocolate Bar Too faced palette: Hazelnut, Haute Chocolate, Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate.
- Christian Dior Jazzclub makeup clutch Smokey Jazz 001: shimmer white eyeshadow.
- Better than sex Too faced mascara.
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler.
- Nars eye pencil in dark brown Mambo.
- Bobbi Brown charcoal eyeshadow used as eyeliner.
- Too faced Hangover blush.
- Bobbi Brown nude lipliner.
- Nars lipstick in Damage.
- Estée Lauder Pure Crystal lipstick in Baby Crystal.
- Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray.
- After moisturizing and use the eyelid primer in the skin, tap a matte eyeshadow on your eyelid giving a proper triangle shape.
- Apply more primer on the matte eyeshadow.
- Apply some indigo blue shimmer eyeshadow on the matte one.
- Use some micellar water to avoid any eyeshadow powder under eyes (any time you need to do it).
- Use a fluffy blending brush with a soft brown matte eyeshadow to your crease. Make small circular motions to lay color down and windshield wiper motions to soften the line and blend. That’s the most important step when it comes to smokey eyes. For this I’ve used two shades of brown, but if you want it more dramatic you can use a gray tone as well.
- Next, with your finger, apply some shimmery white eyeshadow to give more electricity to the look.
- Apply a dark brown eye pencil on your waterline and on top lash line.
- Water the charcoal eyeshadow and use an eyeliner brush to create a natural and edgy smokey eye, depending on your taste you can exagerate it, giving more or less intensity.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes. You can do this step before applying eyeliner.
- Use a small pointed blending brush to unify your look, also along lower lash line.
- After applying more micellar water, apply the concealer as usual. I use my fingers as they give a more natural look thanks to the temperature of my hand.
- Apply your foundation before or after working on your smokey eyes with a beauty blender or your hands. Set everything with a loose setting powder.
- Apply some blush on your cheeks.
- Use a nude lip pencil to shape your lips and fill them in with a brownish tone. Use a beige gloss or lipstick to soften the tone and get really nude lips.
- Finally apply some setting spray all over your face, which will prevent caky effect on your makeup and will set your look.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM BARCELONA!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I’ve based today’s look on winter colors: silver eyeshadows and wine matte lipstick. This is a great combination for dark cool undertones like mine which also match perfectly with silver jewellery and gray tops.
Knowing your skin tone and what colors suit best, for both clothes and makeup, can make a difference to your entire look. To get it I’ve been faithful to Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay, its Pistol and Verve cool tones. Verve is an amazing pearl shade with shinny finish and highly pigmented. Pistol is a brownish gray tone with also a shimmer finish, one of my favorites for an evening look or a special occasion.
I think silver tones provide a beautiful contrast to warm brown eyes, and fit very well with wine or plum lipsticks. Here I leave some swatches so that you can get the idea.
For this look I’ve used the following products:
–Bareminerals Matte foundation in Medium tan.
–Kat von D concealer in Cool.
–Bareminerals powder concealer in Summer Bisque.
–Laura Mercier loose setting powder to set the concealer and foundation.
–Kat von D Shade and Light contouring palette.
–Urban Decay Naked 2 palette Pistol and Verve tones.
–Too faced blush in Your love is King.
–MeMeMe Beat the Blues liquid highlighter.
–Sephora M11 Matte lipstick and lip liner.
–Kat von D Trooper Tatoo liner.
–Too faced Better than sex mascara.